ELEMENTS OF INTERACTIVE DASHBOARD (PART I)
In order to create a good dashboard, there are few questions that each one should ask before starting to create a dashboard. This helps us to ultimately build and deliver a satisfying dashboard to the customers.
4 W’s OF A GOOD DASHBOARD
- Who is your target audience?
- Where will they view the dashboard?
- Why are you building it?
- What elements do you want?
- Who is the audience?
- What do they already know?
- How much detail to include or exclude?
- Where will the dashboard be viewed?
- Large screen or small screen?
- Print or mobile or desktop?
- Why are you sharing the data?
- What is the purpose?
- Is it to inform?
- Is it to explore?
- Is it to explain?
- Is it to measure a goal?
- What information you will show?
- What question will it answer?
- What do you want the audience to takeaway?
The answers to all these questions will guide us through the “Design Process”