Vacancy Analytics Engineer traineeship
We will start 4 months of intensive training in late May 2023, after which you will start working as an Analytics Engineer.
The total program lasts 2.5 years and you will receive salary from day one.
This academy will be part of Nimbus Intelligence, a spinoff of The Information Lab. We will start in Amsterdam (and Milan). Anyone who has a passion for data, who wants to boost his or her career, and who may work in the Netherlands we invite you to respond to this vacancy.
We will train the next generation of Analytics Engineers and Snowflake Data Superheroes with our program.
The data engineering market is growing tremendously and the demand for Analytics Engineers continues to increase. The role, which you will be assigned, is to design and set up analytics databases and data pipelines to transform data into a format, which enables data scientists and analysts to use it easily. They can then extract insights from this data, relevant to their organizations to operate successfully.
The total program lasts 2.5 years and starts with an intensive 4-month classroom training. That means the first months you will receive training at our office in Amsterdam. We're going to teach you all the theory, and especially do lots of exercises. We will also handle a number of client cases, so that you are well prepared for the real work. After that you will start working at different clients, such as larger tech companies, financial institutions, internet scale-ups, supply chain departments and healthcare institutions. Each placement will have an average duration of 6 months, so that by the end of the program you will have gained a good amount of experience.
We are happy to welcome 8 participants: 4 will start work in Amsterdam and 4 in Milan (recruitment for Milan is through our Italian colleagues).
Who are we looking for
We are looking for candidates with a strong affinity for data, who are curious and have a strong hunger to learn more.
After the 4 months of training, you will start working for different clients within the contract, and therefore we are only looking for highly motivated candidates, who want to make a long-term commitment with us.
So anyone who has a data passion and wants to start a great career and be part of the next generation of Analytics Engineers is welcome to apply. You do not need to have professional experience with Python or SQL, but we do expect that you have already "played" with these out of your own interest.
If you are applying for this great opportunity, please note that outside of regular working hours you will want to continue to develop yourself in what we teach you during the day.
We look for a mix of different backgrounds, cultures and genders, as we have done for years at The Information Lab.
- Degree in computer science/ engineering/ statistics/ mathematics/ data science and with a passion for data
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- Fluent in Dutch is a plus, basic knowledge is required
- You may work in the Netherlands
- You live in the Netherlands and preferably in the Amsterdam area (or willing to relocate here)
What we offer you
- Intensive training of 5 days per week (Monday to Friday) for 4 months, during which you will be trained as an Analytics Engineer
- Engineering will focus on: Database structures, Data engineering best practices, Snowflake, SQL, CI/CD, ETL/ELT, Python, dbt, Fivetran, Matillion, integration platforms such as Tableau and Alteryx
- Besides the technical knowledge, we will also develop you with the soft skills. Think for example of communication and presentation techniques, critical thinking, questioning, cooperation, etc.
- Consultancy activities for interesting organizations in the Netherlands (and perhaps abroad)
- Full salary, including during training
- Indefinite contract upon successful completion of the training period
Who we are
Nimbus Intelligence was founded by The Information Lab Netherlands and The Information Lab Italy, both highly successful partners of Snowflake, Tableau and Alteryx. We work with a great team for great customers, who want to work more data driven. You will learn a lot from our very experienced consultants and coaches.
Who are my trainers
Nimbus Intelligence employs experienced Snowflake and Data Warehouse experts, who are going to mentor you. During your training, as well as when you are on the job during a placement, you are going to have a lot of contact with these certified Snowflake consultants, Snowflake Data Heroes, and other professionals, so you are never alone.
What are my benefits
- Learning and getting paid: you get a salary from day 1
- Safe working environment: we provide a nice working and learning environment, where everyone can do their best, free from discrimination, harassment or other unlawful actions
- Support through personal tutoring: you will be taught in a class of 8 participants, so we can give you a lot of attention
- Future: you will be working in a field that is in tremendous demand