In Tableau, Data source filter allows you to
- reduce the amount of data in your data source and to work exactly with the data needed for analysis
- to create an extract that will contain the necessary amount of data and it will take less time to refresh
- to limit the data users can use in a workbook or a data source
There are two ways to create a data source filter:
- On the data source page, click Add in the upper-right corner of the page. You can add or edit a filter in this Edit Data Source filter dialog box.
2. On a worksheet, right-click on the data source and choose Edit Data Source Filters. You can add or edit a filter in this Edit Data Source filter dialog box.